Praekelt Foundation Careers:
(Cape Town, Johannesburg - Permanent)
Praekelt Foundation is looking to hire a driven and experienced Project Manager with high attention to detail, to join our Operations Team. The successful candidate will be involved in the roll-out of products and tools which help us accelerate and amplify efforts to fight poverty and improve the lives of people living in the developing world.
The Project Manager is the glue that holds any project together. They own all production work associated with delivering a project or a sub-component thereof, as well as all ongoing maintenance work required to support the project in the maintenance phase. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for managing the overall delivery of the solution, and will interact with internal and external partners, including strategy, design, content, engineering, clients and users.
Key Focus Areas:
- Project Management - overall responsibility for the planning, briefing, scheduling, prioritisation, documentation and execution of all assigned projects;
- Communication - ensure effective communication within project teams to ensure that deliverables are achieved or that red flags are taken note of where necessary;
- Monitoring - ensure that each project’s progress is monitored in terms of achieving project objectives (fiscal and impact), and that adjustments are made where necessary to keep the project on track; working with the Portfolio Lead to collate and prepare high quality donor reports;
- Responsible for the planning, briefing, scheduling, prioritisation, documentation and execution of assigned projects from brief, assisting with budget preparation, to development, quality assurance / testing and delivery / launch.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to manage all project stakeholders and ensure that the most innovative production methods are employed.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project goals, at all times keeping the Portfolio Team, Operations Manager and stakeholders informed of the project’s progress.
- Create and maintain documentation, including internal and external status documents, project plans, a central filing system, client and donor reports, and timelines to ensure that projects are delivered on time, to budget and within scope.
- Develop briefing documents during the project lifecycle including but not limited to scope briefing, quality assurance, testing and content requirements.
- Have a deep understanding of the project’s production requirements (including the technologies we use) and work with the Praekelt Production team, as well as internal and/or external Development Teams to schedule work, define production requirements and track progress against timelines and budget.
- Have strong Leadership Skills / Partnership management.
- Define and communicate priorities on tasks to ensure the most effective outcome is achieved for each project.
- Budget Creation and management.
- Schedule and collate or compile feedback for Donor reports, working with the Portfolio Lead and Operations Manager to ensure the report delivers the required narrative, financial information and post-campaign analysis.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the pro.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- 3-5 years experience at middle-management level, in either Project Management, Grant Management, Stakeholder Relations and/or Marketing at a large national or international NGO or corporation.
- University Degree in a related subject.
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- Experience of Agile development methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Project Management Principles.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong Budget Management.
- Improving ROI.
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What will set you apart from other applicants:
- Ability to manage interdependency between projects.
- Experience in working and/or managing projects in different African and/or developing countries.
- Passionate about the digital medium - always in the know about the latest trends, technologies and platforms.
- Exceptional use of Jira.
- Creative and innovative approach to Project and Risk management, consistently working to improve processes and projects.
Interested in joining our team?
We'd love to speak with you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and the reasons you feel you'd be well suited to this position.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.