Join a multidisciplinary team of driven, passionate problem solvers who use design thinking to find solutions to complex developing world problems using mobile technology.
In this role, you will reveal what our users need from our services by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of Designers, Project Managers, Engineers and others to develop new ideas for impactful services. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and clients to ensure strategic, technology, business and objectives align. You’ll inspire colleagues, clients and partners by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about your work, and the impact it has had.
Why is this job important to Praekelt Foundation?
Strategic thinking is the underpinning of great design. This role allows you to shape our work and client relationships. We need strategic minds to a solve a wide range of design, technical and implementation challenges.
We’re seeking varied expertise and experience to compliment our teams’ skills and are interested in applicants with Service Design, Business Analysis, Human Centred Design or Strategy experience.
Once you are here you will:
- Design digital, service, organizational, and systems experiences.
- Use research-based insights to invent new services or improve the implementation of existing systems using mobile technology.
- Build an understanding of the value and dynamics of client or partner organisations, and leverage their expertise to drive innovation.
- Collaborate with an incredibly diverse and passionate group of world-class designers, project managers and engineers, remotely and in-person.
- Own the strategic deliverables on a wide array of local and global challenges.
- Use the appropriate measurement tools to learn about the performance and impact of your projects, sharing learnings with clients and colleagues.
- Work on detailed and up to date evaluations of the digital social impact environment, as well as the competitive and resource realities, across the developing world.
- A relevant Postgraduate qualification in service design, computer science, user experience, interaction design, marketing or other relevant field; or
- 3 years of industry work experience in a relevant setting (Not-for-profit/development, consulting, marketing, design etc.)
- You are great at understanding how to turn human behavior and needs into real concepts and are obsessed with what design and technology can do to create a positive impact on people and organisations.
- You’re a systems thinker; you love solving big, hairy problems and can logically visualize complex systems and user experiences.
- You’re a confident and flexible member of interdisciplinary teams where harmonious collaboration is imperative.
- You’re a passionate technophile; You are always in-the-know about the the latest trends, technologies and platforms.
- You know what it takes to design and deliver inclusive and sustainable projects at pan-African or global scale.
- You believe improvement relies on active measurement and you strive to build feedback loops into everything you do.
- You know how to communicate your ideas; You have excellent written English and oral presentation skills.
- You thrive in an unstructured, unsupervised environment and you’re self-motivated to meet deadlines.
Interested in joining our team?
We'd love to speak with you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and the reasons you feel you'd be well suited to this position.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to everyone but will reach out to applicants who we want to interview within 2 weeks.
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.